9.23.2013

Update

After much contemplation, I have placed a large parcel up for sale. This 7680 square foot piece served as Rah's Office since 2008. Fortunately, at this time, Nimue, my neighbor and physical world sister has offered to purchase the parcel...When she sales some of her own. I did let her know that my feelings would not be hurt if she changes her mind. Trust me, if someone makes an offer that is substantial...The place will be sold (Objects included). 

It was a tough decision as I was very partial to the parcel. It was my first buy in Second Life. A scary moment for me. I've kept it near for all these tears. Sold it...Bought it back...Am selling it again. This time, I'll probably not purchase it back. The class I used it for needs to be re-evaluated as to where it goes from here.

Second Life has changed its way of helping new users. Much more friendly now. I need to look at what is used now and what can be changed in the curriculum of the course.  No more is the need of learning to walk, change your clothes, create hair. All this is offered to the user. I think a need for building, using body alphas, scripting, and a few other "advanced" skills could be taught.

My hopes are to one day see a virtual environment used for education. Maybe I can change the class to reflect this for the college. For now, I have 7200 square feet to tech with. I'll assess the finances in two months and decode whether to drop this number as well.  To get to  the next tier will be a big drop. This will effect my building...Are there still sandboxes out there?!

Well, thank you for listening.