9.17.2013

Ramblings...

It is with great difficulty that I must make a decision on what to do with the in-world store.

I have a large piece of parcel that I must reduce. I have kept it for many years as I teach a class and needed space for students to gather. This class has been dwindling in size and interests are really no longer there. The way new avatars hop in is different now anyway. We really no longer need Basic Skills. Sure, it makes every year, however; this year I have different aspirations.

I must choose between teaching Second Life, Video Game Development, and Zumba®. With a choice like this, I choose the latter two. These are transferable degrees and fun. This is a tough decision for I fought to have Second Life added to the College Curriculum. This was a FOUR YEAR battle! Now...I feel I am letting people down removing it. Second Life will always be my baby though. Maybe a need for advanced skills will come to fruition.

The quandary here on the table is, do I keep The Happy Hat where it sits? Do I move it up to the higher parcel? Do I even keep it at all?! The shop does not bring in enough money to pay the extra monthly parcel fees. In fact, I hardly make a hill of beans on sales if truth be told.
 

I could go for a 512 parcel and create a smaller version of The Happy Hat. Then, any sales would be profit! This aspect intrigues me. In fact, I think I am leaning towards it. 

What to do...What to do....

If any of my readers and customers have thoughts, please let me know. These times they are tough. Decisions need to be made.