7.18.2014

Is It Worth It

With recent and future changes to Second Life, I am starting to question whether hanging onto this virtual environment is worth the time of my physical self.

Today, I played around in The Marketplace and found my items to be lost in a sea of other's work. Many of these are stolen ideas. Some, worth their spot on the first five pages. My one item appeared on page 15 of "relevant" views. This was the FREE one. 

Is it really worth the time and effort to continue to build and put money into a system that is just not reciprocating. I've reduced land. Still, The Marketplace does not generate enough to cover this. Should I do like many others and increase the costs of the shop? I'd hate to do this. It would be against everything I stood for when I built The Happy Hat

If anyone else out there is listening, please give me some guidance. Should I just forget the shop and live happily ever after in the FREE home Linden Labs provided? This would mean just building in sandboxes. No terraforming. No designing. 

I did state I would move down to 512 square feet if The Marketplace does not increase. I had told myself in six months. This time frame is almost up. This option sucks too. The amount of design around the property will become limited. Hopefully July will kick in come Lindens. It seems to have been a productive month out there in The Marketplace

Oh why oh why cannot I find that box of $100s...

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment