9.03.2014

Where I Am At


Two Worlds CollideMost employees go throughout the day without a care in the world. They ride the comfort zone of retirement benefits and medical insurance.  Usually, after they leave the job, they see no more of it until they venture back to their office.

 This is not my case. 
There is a full time position that gives me that "security" (cough, cough). I then go home to work more. I even work during lunch breaks. This is the teaching part.

This semester, I have two online classes and two face-to-face. This is on top of that full time position. The...there's the other thing I do for business. Wine Tasting Events. Yep. You heard it correctly. I go to people's homes with five bottles of wine and educate them on wine tasting. Along with this, I teach them  a Zumba® routine.

This is a lot of work to prep for. It's like teaching a class. So, in a since, I have five jobs. These worlds have no collided. It has been brought to my attention that the Full Time is first and foremost above all else...The rest is a privilege.

Now, I must make a decision based on this information as to where I wish to end my working career.  I knew in the back of my mind I would one day need to decide between "security" or what I love to do.

It's not going to be easy for there are others this decision will affect. My husband. My Son. My Friends. I have to say it will be the hardest decision ever. Something has to go. Life is too special to do things that leave you exhausted, or upset.

Anyway...I have given myself the rest of the year to mull it through.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment